Even if it is possible to record and save actions mad on the computer, I recommend to create the script manually.
In the last year I used this application for 2 scenarios.
Automatic launch applications for a DemoWhen you create a demo for a presentation, it is important to be prepared and make no error: time is very important!
In november I did a speech with a final "demo".
The demo used a series of applications launched from the terminal:
The explanation of the above workflow:
- opens a terminal
- executes a command on the terminal (using keystrokes)
- opens a new tab thanks to keypress [command + t]
- executes another command
- opens a third tab
- keystrokes another command
- opens the last tab, change the directory, launch a node script
Automatic ScreenshotsRecently I subscribed an e-learning service with slides, available only online.
I wanted to have the same slides offline.
Thanks to automator it was possible to:
- record the action to: select a window(the browser) and click on it. A click move the slide to the next one.
- use screencapture to save in a predefined directory a screenshot of the entire screen. (using a bash command to build a unique filename each time).
- repeat the step a variable number of times.