After 2 nights of tests..
It's not perfect.. when you are far from a milestones, all it seems perfect..when you are near to reach the milestones, bugs comes from everywhere!
The application is on a ppa here: https://launchpad.net/~dega1999/+archive/protoborsa/
So first of all.. my application is called now.. protoborsa.. why this name? because this was the name of the application when I started to hack this project...
I thought that it was simple to change the name of a quickly project in another moment.. but there is no way (let me know if I am wrong please!) to refactor a project and change the name..
So at the end I left this because refactoring for rename is a problematic task. And it is better to don't talk about version... it's 12.07.5 the last uploaded.. LOL.
Quickly submitubuntu is not enough for now
quickly is a young project and so this competition is a good way to test it for bugs.
It's not just (mention from showdown page):
- Set up a PPA on Launchpad
- Run the following command to package and upload your app:
because you need also to:
register to launchpad
load a ssh public key
load a pgp public key
and.. quickly submitubuntu have a bug...... Read it here how to overcome problem with this command
I spent a lot of time trying to make a good svg icons for the application (the one present in media with the same name of application): pay attention to make it a 64x64pixel svg (you can create it with inkscape)... not the image.. the entire document...
After that, in order to join the competition you have to upload on Ubuntu Software Center:
- Create some screenshot of your application
- Remember to "IMPORTANT! While submitting your app, fill in the App Showdown Participation Details and upload it in the ‘Your application‘ field in MyApps"
- Create 4 icons: 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, 128x128. You can use a command like this "convert youricon.png -resize 128x128! youricon_128x128.png"
I haven't tryed to download from the ppa and install the application from there and verify if it is all ok or not (application is on /opt and it works...)
I will do tomorrow..
if someone read this and wants to try..
Let me know if it works or not, thanks you.
I think I will spend my resting time to:
- correct bugs
- improve unity integration